The Rockwool Building Roll is widely used in pre-engineered buildings for walls as well as roofs for providing them outstanding acoustic and thermal insulation. It serves its utilization for both over and under purlin applications on the roof. The fibers of the Rockwool in building roll are uniformly distributed and fine that help in ensuring excellent as well as uniform thermal resistance. The stable rock wool fibers bonded with thermosetting resins are lightweight, sturdy and resilient. It is available with FSK facings that gives an effective vapor barrier.
1) Material Consumption: Building roll insulation composed of rock fibers processed from the molten state into fibrous form and bonded with a binder and laminated with one side aluminum foil. Free from asbestos.
2) Density: 40 to 48 kg/m3
3) Facing: Has aluminum foil facing
a. Length: 6 m to 10 m
b. Width: 1 m with overlap and 1.2 m without overlap
c. Thickness: 50 mm
5) Linear Shrinkage: Less than 2 %
6) Thermal Conductivity: 25 degree Celsius mean temperature: 48kg/m3 - < 0..35 W/mK
7) Water vapor absorption: Less than 1% by volume
8) Surface Burning Characteristics:
a. Flame Speed Index: < 25
b. Smoke Developed Index: <50
9) Combustibility of Unfaced Roll Non-Combustible: A1 when tested as per EN 13501
10) Corrosiveness of Steel: No corrosion.
11) Fungi Resistance: Do not promote fungi growth.
12) Non Fibrous Content: Less than 25%
13) Odor Emission: No detectable odor of objectionable nature was observed.